Smart Shopping For Real Estate Tips For Successful Purchases
Helping first time home owners find the perfect property to call home can be so exciting not only for my clients but for me, as their professional agent, as well. Everybody has their own dreams and believe me it's possible to find the perfect property turning dreams into reality. It's so much fun to work with eager buyers, having them list off the most important criteria to get the "perfect" image of home out of their heads and onto paper so discovery mode can start.
Sometimes "There's No Place Like Home" finds you. But often, you need to do some research to discover properties that you didn't even know existed right under your nose.
The market in our area is still SCREAMING for both buyers and sellers. Below are a few valuable tips to help maximize your property shopping efforts and lead to a rewarding experience.
- Identify the primary area footprint and know your reasons why this is "your" specific area. Knowing your desirable location will eliminate wild goose chasing looking at properties that aren't ultimately where you desire to live.
- Establish your upper limit for purchase price and get prequalified with your lender. In a hot market, this gives you the competitive edge when multiple offers hit the seller's table at once.
- Site visit properties that you think fit your "perfect" property critieria. You'll be surprised how quickly the smoke will clear and you'll be able to start narrowing down on features that are critical.
- Evaluate properties by how many check marks you're able to put in your "perfect" for me column. This is critical as you start to put pencil to paper preparing your offer to purchase number. Who wants to lose the "perfect for me" property over a small amount of money in the long run. NOBODY!
- Last but most important in my opinion is Don't Settle! This does not mean don't be flexible. It means know your flexibility limits and end up with a prize that you're tickled about owning and will enjoy calling home.
I realize that you may be thinking that this sounds way to simple. But trust me, getting your thoughts out of your head and written down on paper really is powerful. I hope you find this valuable and it puts you in a successful buying posture.
It's not about selling you anything. It's about trying to assist you in buying property that you'll be proud of for a long time. That's the real reward for everybody involved.
Latest Blog Posts
While an HOA can be beneficial and might be exactly what you’re looking for in a community, there are many factors to consider before moving into a neighborhood governed by an HOA.These are
Helping first time home owners find the perfect property to call home can be so exciting not only for my clients but for me, as their professional agent, as well. Everybody has their own